The Parish Finance Council members are appointed by the pastor on the basis of their expertise for three-year terms.
There are five members of the Parish Finance Council. The chairperson and one member; each responsible for oversight of budget, investment, ADA, and buildings and grounds.
- Advise the pastor in the administration and stewardship of Parish finances, budget, Parish facilities and long-range financial development.
- Ensure that the necessary material resources – land, buildings, finances will enable the Parish to carry on the work of Christ.
- Prepare and approve an annual operating budget after having consulted with the Parish Pastoral Council and Board of Education.
- Be familiar with Diocesan policies regarding buildings and grounds.
- Monitor expenses versus budget.
- Submit a financial statement to the Parish and the Diocese at the end of the fiscal year.
The Parish Finance Council chair coordinates the work of the committee members, organizes and attends meetings for updating Parish priest and trustees with reports from finance council members.
Gifts or special skills required for service on this commission include:
- Understanding of financial statements
- Leadership and coordination of committees
- Communication of budget needs and results
Time requirements: The Parish Finance Council meets quarterly.
Commitment: Appointed by the Parish priest for three year terms.
- Jean Reynolds – President
- Joe Vogel – Budget Committee
- Kevin Zeimet – Committee Member
- Deacon Tony Mouzon – Committee Member
- Deacon Dennis McDonald – Committee Member
- Robert Bolton – Building & Grounds Committee
- Dave Jones – Investment Committee
Sub committee appointments include:
Annual Diocesan Appeal (ADA) Committee
- Responsible for coordinating annual ADA goal fundraising.
- Prepare and approve annual Parish budget
- Review interim financial statements and prepare comments/evaluations.
Building and Grounds Committee
- Assess immediate and long term Parish facilities maintenance needs
- Provide recommendations to Pastor, Trustees and Finance Council for financial commitments needed to maintain facilities.
- Manage Parish long term investments in accordance with the Parish Investment Policy.
If you have a finance, accounting, or investment background, you may be a valuable member of this team. Contact Jean Reynolds at 253-797-5072 (cell).