This ministry prepares and provides for the spiritual development of each member of the Parish community through liturgical celebrations. It develops, plans, and evaluates the liturgical needs of the Parish community and identifies areas in need of development.
Members of this commission are appointed by the pastor because membership requires special gifts, talents and education. This commission meets at least quarterly before each of the Liturgical seasons. Two year commitment is desirable.
- Recommend appropriate changes to the worship space
- Furnish, decorate, and maintain the liturgical environment
- Provide training and scheduling of liturgical ministers
- Ensure that the selection and performance of music follows universal and national norms, especially regarding full participation of the assembly
- Prepare a budget for liturgical needs
- Assist and coordinate the liturgies by other groups in the Parish.
Contact Father Troy Richmond at 263-1416 if you are interested in serving on this commission.
- Altar Servers – training and scheduling
- Communion to the Homebound
- Eucharistic Ministers (Host and Cup)
- First Friday Adoration
- Hospitality (Usher/Greeter) – training and scheduling
- Lector – training and scheduling
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Music: Choir, Cantor, Accompanist selection and scheduling
- Music: For Funerals
- Music: For Weddings
- Nursing Home Liturgies
- Sacristan at Weekend Masses
- Scheduling of Liturgical Ministers
- Senior Acolyte for Funerals
- Thursday and Friday Adoration