According to the Policies of the Diocese of Davenport, Ss. Mary & Mathias has a Parish Pastoral Council (which is often called the “Parish” or “Pastoral” Council).
Our Parish Council has 9 members. Each person is responsible for a specific ministry or parish activity. According to our by-laws, the total membership of the Parish Council shall be 13, with 7 representing a quorum. Elections are held each year in April or May. Terms are 3 years, and a member may be elected for 2 consecutive terms. If you are interested in serving on Council, contact Father Troy or the current Parish Council president.
The Parish Council meets the 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 at the Mazzuchelli Center.
If you have a concern you think should be brought before Parish Council, please feel free to contact the Parish Council president.
Current Officers & Members
- Tim Peters – President
- Tim Fuegen – Vice President
- Craig Riesenberg – Secretary, Liturgy Commission
- Jim Berns – Liaison to Building & Grounds Commission
- Laura Custis – Hospitality and Relationships
- TBD – Liaison to Finance Council
- Refugio Ceniceros – Hispanic Committee, Liturgy Commission
- Robin Edwards
- Angie Schillig
Ex-Officio, Voting Members of Council
- Fr. Troy Richmond – Pastor
- Fr. Hai Dinh – Parochial Vicar
- Deacon Tony Mouzon
- Deacon Dennis McDonald
- Linda DePuydt – Church Trustee
- Bill Harper – Church Trustee
There are other people who attend but do not vote at the Parish Council meetings. They are:
- Sr. Cheryl Demmer – Director of Religious Education
- Tommy Fallon – Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- Ben Nietzel – Principal of Ss. Mary & Mathias Catholic School
- Konrad Wilke – Business Manager